· Parks Canada is pleased to welcome visitors from around the world to celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary in the national parks.
What do you need to know?
Radium Hot Springs pools
· Effective June 30th, the cool pool will be open daily from 9 a.m. until 11 p.m. until September 4th. The hot pool remains open from 9 a.m. until 11 p.m.
· Pleiades Spa and Wellness is now open 7 days per week and has a new menu
· The 16th annual glass art show is underway in the aquacourt lobby and will run until October 9th.
· The aquacourt is currently accessible via the pedestrian underpass from the main parking lot, from the Village of Radium Hot Springs via the Juniper trail and from Redstreak Campground via the Redstreak Campground trail.
· The small parking lot and stairs on the westbound side of the highway, roof top deck and the public washrooms on the roof top deck are open.
· The small parking lot may re-close periodically during July and August to ensure visitors’ safety while work is completed on the pedestrian access ramp.
· Information about construction and disabled access at the Radium Hot Springs pools is available at www.pc.gc.ca/knp-
Highway 93 South
· No construction is permitted on highway along Highway 93S from 7 p.m. on Thursday June 29th to 7 a.m. on Tuesday July 6th. Two-way traffic will be maintained throughout the Canada Day Long weekend.
· Work in Sinclair Canyon will resume July 10th, Monday to Saturday and continue until the fall. Motorists should expect lane closures and speed reductions, occasional single lane alternating traffic and delays of up to 20 minutes.
· For more information on current highway projects and traffic impacts on 93 S, visit www.drivebc.ca
For further information on Kootenay National Park:
· Visit the Kootenay National Park visitor centre, located on Main St. East in the Village of Radium Hot Springs, or www.pc.gc.ca/kootenay. The visitor centre is open daily from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. until September 4th.
· Visitors are reminded to check trail conditions at the Kootenay National Park visitor centre or online at www.pc.gc.ca/kootenaytrails before heading out.